NaVIC (Navigation with Indian Constellation) was designed by the Indian Space Research Organization, is India’s own satellite navigation system (ISRO). It work somehow alternative to the GPS navigation system.
In 2020, the first time NaVIC was launched by Xiaomi, and Realme devices. Almost 300 smartphones that are currently sold in India feature NavIC. The Realme X50 Pro was the first smartphone to feature NavIC, back in February 2020.
The Snapdragon 720G, Snapdragon 662, and Snapdragon 460 chipsets enable dual-frequency Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS): L1 (1.58 GHz) and L5 ( 1.17 GHz) (GNSS) Because the NavIC operates in the S band of the L5 band (2.5 GHz).The NavIC tracking system is also present on the Snapdragon 865 and 765 chipset, however it has not been activated yet.
According to a recent Reuters report, the Indian government is making it mandatory for all mobile devices to support NaVIC starting from 2023.
- Install the GSPTest or GNSSTest apps on your Android device. You can install either one for checking of NavIC compatibility.
- Once you open the installed app, tap “Start Trial”.
- Now, the app will start detecting all available navigation satellites.
- If the app shows Indian satellites, it means your Android phone supports NavIC.
This is how you can easily check whether your mobile support NavIC or not.
Here, we cover the topic “How to Check NavIC support on your smartphone?”. Also covered the details information regarding NavIC.
If you really think this article helps you then don’t forget to appreciate our efforts in the comments below. For more blogging and technology-related tutorials, stay connected with us.
- 7 Best Artificial Intelligence (AI) companies of India in 2022
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Credit Card Users
- Top 10 Agriculture Companies in India
- LIC Scheme: Invest only Rs 29 daily to get Rs 4 lakhs on maturity